Sunday, August 06, 2006

Sit-Test

After the bookout from the fieldcamp, that sunday when book in i have to prepare for my 3 Days Sit Test, 10 days of outfield in a row.. Its was damn tired and body was aching all over..

Before the Sit-Test we do a 12km route march to our campsite.. After doing the 8km route march earlier on, 12km route march was nothing.. During the Sit-Test, i was assigned to detail Golf.. My Post was a LAW Gunner, basically the one who shot down a tank.. The LAW was heavy and its weight 6.3Kg.. Every morning 4km and 2km fast march, my buddy bion and me have to carry it whereever we go.. By the time the sit-test start, both of our hands are numb and we can't feel a thing.

During the sit-test, i was task as 2IC for both my mission.. My first mission was to clear a minefield, we use our bayonet to poke the ground to look for land mine buried underneath the ground.. Clearing halfway, one of my Mine clearer was snipe down by sniper.. I was stun, then i give a all angle cover position.. I immediately asked my medics to attend to the injure buddy and prepare for evacuate from the ground.. We carry him with a stretcher due to he was the bigger guy in our group, we were all tired out by the time we carry him to safe location.. My IC, Thomas, from platoon 2 attend for the manpower needed to carry the casulty while i do the safety cover for my group.. The mission was a success..

Day 2 mission, my mission was a lot tougher than first day. My IC was still Thomas, this time round i lead a 5 men group to rescue 2 hostages from the hostage hut.. During the rescue, my group keep retreating and going forward to rescue hostage.. At the end of the day, i send in 2 men, a navigator and a demod.. My medic was not able to go in cause he was too big size.. the moment he step onto the poles the whole structure give way.. Tank approaching! I asked my 2 buddies who are inside to try to move them.. Due to the serious injuries of the hostage and my medic not able to go in to give medical attention and the approaching tank. The whole exercise was a failure, but we still do what was task to do..

Sit Test was a test use by the saf to look for prospective commander. The success and failure of the mission was not not important. It is the process that the assesor look for that they decide to give them a chance to be the commanders..

No comments: